YouTube is often overlooked as a marketing tool, but it happens to be a powerful social media platform that should be focused on more. YouTube is a beneficial and low cost tool that should be part of every small business marketing plan.
Only 9 percent of small businesses use YouTube, but the site gets millions of views from all over the world on a daily basis. Marketing guru Neil Patel is very helpful when it comes to explaining how to use YouTube to benefit your company. YouTube isn’t as scary as it may seem and you can get noticed easily with just a few thousand views. Those views can quickly turn into website visits. A small business can think of YouTube as a sales funnel in your marketing plan. In fact, Neil Patel compares it to using it like a Facebook campaign, only it is much simpler.
For a successful YouTube channel, you need to create valuable video content. You want your videos to be shared and it helps to optimize them. Try to learn your target audience and focus on your videos reaching them. Optimizing your videos will help people find your content easily. So, pay attention to things like video titles, tags, descriptions and even thumbnail images.
- Titles – Always have a title that is relevant to your content. It can help if you address viewers with a problem.
- Tags – Never overdo it with tags. Around 10 is always good.
- Keywords – Use compelling keywords that are relevant to the topic.
- Descriptions – Try to not use exact keywords in your description and do not make it too long. Try to break up the description into small pieces and use the first few lines to really grab attention. It also isn’t a bad idea to use this space to ask viewers to subscribe to your channel or visit your website.
- Thumbnails – Use this image to grab attention and represent your brand. You can experiment to find the right color, image types and text overlay for your small business.
Keep in mind, that just like any other social media site, you need to be interact with your viewers. You can do this by replying to comments so you can generate more buzz. It can take time and effort to use YouTube as a tool in your small business marketing plan, but it is a free place with billions of users to help your band get noticed. Once you figure out the best way to set-up your YouTube for your small business and audience, then you will be able to convert views into website visits.